I finished another new dress! I’m so enjoying working on new makes these days. This one cheers me up just looking at the fabric, so that’s a win in my book!
Pattern: Glenelly top and dress from Itch to Stitch.
Fabric: Knit blend from JoAnn’s
Notes: It’s been years since I sewed anything using a knit fabric, but when I saw this pattern I knew immediately that I had the perfect fabric!
I cut a straight size eight, which matched my measurements. After completing the dress, I feel that I probably should have sized down for the waist. The shoulders were a pretty good fit. I used the standard sized pieces and have a C cup bust.
The instructions were very clear. I didn’t follow all of them, but I think they were solid. I opted not to stabilize the corners of the neckline with interfacing, and as you can see it turned out fine.
I also didn’t stabilize the waist with stay tape, though I did use clear elastic. The waist is pretty loose, and is definitely the main thing I would change if I sewed this again.
I took two inches off the hem to get the length I wanted.
Overall this turned out very cute, and it was easy to sew! I liked that the pattern told you what seams would be best to serge and where to use a narrow zigzag. I definitely plan to give the top a try!