It’s back to work today for our summer session, so I’ve started a new carrying project to keep me busy during my downtimes. I’ve also been playing with my new toy…
I bought a ballwinder from Joanns to use with finer yarns. The yarn above is the sea silk I’m using for the Montego Bay scarf, from the current Interweave Knits. Before I wound the scarf I cut 200 pieces of fringe, which I have carefully placed in a ziploc bag, where hopefully they will not tangle before I need them.
The lace pattern is really very easy, and I would recommend this scarf! My only problem so far is the gauge… it’s supposed to finish out at 7″ wide, and I’m having trouble with that. I started out on the recommended size 8 needles, but that turned out huge, so I frogged and restarted on size 7s (above.) It’s still an inch too wide, so I may try yet another needle size. I am a somewhat loose knitter, so I’m sure I will get there! The sea silk is lovely so far!
I worked a bunch more repeats on the bedjacket border last night, and it’s possible I may be able to complete the knitting tonight. I need to get to blocking my pieces so I can be ready to seam!