I’ve been making decent progress on my 80s sweater, and I’m almost finished with the front piece.
It’s been pretty smooth sailing so far. The directions for the patterned lines on the top are pretty bad and of the (Rows 3, 5, 14, 56: knit) variety, leading to me ripping once and then writing them out so that it wasn’t so confusing. But… so far I love it! The Glace is really not bad to work with once I got used to the qualities of the ribbon yarn. I like the textured fabric it is producing.
I must be in an 80s mood, because I found these shoes online, and now I must be off to the mall to snag myself some.
Yes, Jelly shoes. I miss them so! I must have the blue ones I think, or maybe the clear.
I’m also looking for wedding shoes (tomorrow we pick up my dress) so I’ve been thinking about what I’d like. My dress is tea length, so everyone will see my shoes. I like this style a lot.
Of course, I’ve never met a pair of Steve Madden shoes that weren’t horribly uncomfortable. I really want something vaguely retro and with a round toe. I could go with sandals if I found the right ones, but definitely no peep toes. I look horrible in peep toes, and it seems as though every shoe this season has them!
Finally, I’ve been tagged with the 7 things meme a few times in the past day or two, and the 8 things meme once. I’ll combine them since I think they’re pretty much the same. I am so bad at these, but I will try! So… 7 things about me.
1. I have not voluntarily worn athletic shoes since elementary school. When I was 10 I talked my cool aunt into buying me a pair of heels, and there’s been no looking back! I do have some flats this year since they’re in style, and it freaks my friends out when I wear them.
2. My favorite city I’ve visited is Prague, where I spent a long weekend 2 summers ago. I’m hoping to take Marc there on our honeymoon (which won’t be for a year)
3. I’m terrified of airplanes, but I love to travel, leading to some rather ugly incidents in airport waiting areas.
4. If I have a daughter I want to name her Anya. Yes, after the Buffy character. I know, I am sad.
5. I lived in Indiana for four years, and my experiences there left me with a serious aversion to the state. I don’t even like driving through it to get other places (sorry to any Hoosiers – I’m sure all hoosier knitters are lovely, it was just a bad time in my life!)
6. I love Basset Hounds. If I ever get a dog (unlikely; Marc only loves cats) it will be a Basset. I love their sweet wrinkly faces!
7. I’ve always been very shy. I hate parties and big groups of noisy people, and usually have to be bribed into attending anything resembling a party. Yarn works pretty well for that purpose.
8. Someday I would like to run my own voice/piano studio. Don’t get me wrong; I love my job and the people I work with, and I’m not planning to quit… but someday.
I tag… you, if you haven’t been tagged (and you want to do this meme.) It’s pretty fun once you get started!