Wicked is finally finished, and I couldn’t be more pleased!
Leon wanted to help me model.
But he takes up too much room. Ok, here are the stats!
Pattern: Wicked, from Zephyr Style.
Yarn: Debbie Bliss merino aran#503, 8 balls
Needles: Size 7s for the body and 8s for the lower ribbing.
Mods and Notes: This was a really fast knit, but it took forever for me to finish it to my standards. I think the original pattern is really too short in the body. I don’t like wearing shirts under my sweaters, so I ripped it out after finishing and added an inch. I also changed from my first bind off of a K3P1 rib to the crossover rib, since it’s more stretchy. I did the lower ribbing on size 8 needles, to ensure that it wasn’t tight (my first try was kind of snug) and it turned out perfectly! I’ll remember this tip when knitting the other two zephyr patterns on my list (Glee and Ms. Marigold) since I had the same issues with my Rusted Root sweater. I think the next size up would have been too big all over. I left off the pocket, and I’m glad I did considering my fit issues. Overall I’m pleasantly surprised – a few days ago I was ready to give up, but now I have a lovely sweater to wear in the last month of winter.
Some more gratuitous sweater shots
And Leon (yes, again… I’m in full on crazy cat lady mode today) sleeping under the sweater.
I’ve been MIA for a few days because our internet connection decided to have issues. It was so slow that I couldn’t upload any pictures, and I have very little actual content.
First, a picture to show that I do wear my knits!
I love Marc’s face here!
The “not so shrunken” cardigan has been a huge hit so far. It passes the “doesn’t look homemade” test!
I’ve finished Wicked… twice. The first time I finished it I decided it was a bit short, so I tried blocking for length. No good, since it’s a snug fit anyway. So I ripped out the ribbing and redid it in the crossed rib pattern, plus I added an inch for good measure. It’s blocking again – I hope to have modeled pictures tomorrow, assuming that it fits!
I’ve also cast on for Ariann (no picture so far!) I’m not sure how into this pattern I am… but it’s the only cold weather knit I currently have yarn for, so it will have to do. I finished the ribbing (it took an hour or so) so it remains to be seen how I enjoy the pattern. I think it’s super cute in the modeled photos! I’m making the size 35″ since my gauge is a tiny bit off and I’ve heard that it runs small.
Let’s see… wedding news! I bought my dress today. It’s the “Sandra Dee” from Siri. I ordered it in off-white silk with a chocolate brown sash.
I know the picture is small, but trust me – it’s cute! The skirt is very full, and I like that it works with, instead of against, my short-waistedness. I’m considering my veil options now. I don’t really like them, but I am interested in trying a little face veil to see how it looks. The sizing for this brand is weird too. I expected to go up a few sizes (I usually wear a 4 or 6) but according to their chart I’m a 2. She showed me the measurements, and I agree that it’s fine… but I think that amount of upsizing is weird for bridal. Oh well.
I’m also working on our “save the date” cards, since those will have to go out in February (this is what comes of choosing a wedding date 6 months away!) Here’s a (really terrible) shot of what I have so far.
It is by no means complete (and I am not a graphic artist!) but I like what I have so far. I’m going to send postcards.